February - May 2021 Online Workshop Dates
Snapshot introductory 3-hour workshop
* Blended asynchronous and synchronous study - FEBRUARY - MARCH 2021
* ALL NEW Diving Deeper Targeted Workshop Series - MARCH 2021
* The Original Foundations Targeted Workshop Series - APRIL - MAY 2021
Snapshot introductory 3-hour workshop
If you are a novice and keen to have an overview of this approach before diving in, ask me about a 3 hour Snapshot workshop. I generally offer these for schools wanting to find out more. If you have a group of interested participants email me to see if we can set up a Snapshot workshop.
The Access workshop is a 12-hour workshop held over 4 weeks. It is aimed towards both those with little experience and those keen to consolidate their understanding of Word Inquiry. It is a combination of self-guided pre-recorded study sessions and live online sessions where you engage in activities and further strengthen your understanding through discussion.
All sessions will include a focus on application in the classroom and participants will try many of the activities they can then use with their students. Participants will be supported with specific lessons, encouraged to try them with their students between sessions, and be given the opportunity to receive feedback.
The Targeted workshops are live online workshops focused on strengthening orthographic understanding while giving you practical take-aways you can use immediately.
Within each workshop you will always engage in activities and afterwards will be emailed a summary intended to complement your own notes. If you have taken the Access workshop and want to consolidate your understanding in particular areas, these workshops would be ideal. Many of the examples in the Foundation Series will be the same, but not all. The Diving Deeper Series is an all new set of Targeted workshops specifically developed as a response to questions most frequently asked of me in the schools I visit, questions that arise once you dive in and get beyond the ‘shallows’
The Targeted workshops are organised into sets of 6. Take one, a few or the whole set!
ALL NEW Diving Deeper Targeted Workshop Series - MARCH 2021
- Tooling Up - Tuesday March 9 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- The Remarkable <e> - Thursday March 11 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- Double Trouble - Tuesday March 16 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- Why Is <y> So Special? - Thursday March 18 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- It's All Relative - Tuesday March 23 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- Play Makes It Stay - Thursday March 25 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
The original Foundations Targeted Workshop Series - APRIL - MAY 2021
- Finding Families - Tuesday April 20 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- Attesting Affixes - Thursday April 22 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- Grappling with Graphemes - Tuesday April 27 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- Building Bases - Thursday April 29 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- Collecting Compounds - Tuesday May 4 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
- Bound Bases - Thursday May 6 - 06:30 & 15:00 Indochina Time
Overview of wordtorque workshops February - May 2021
- Access 12-hour Workshop: blended asynchronous and synchronous study: approximately USD400 (charged as HKD$3,100 - Hong Kong Dollars)
- Targeted Series of Workshops: approximately $175 USD (charged as HKD$1350 - Hong Kong Dollars) - 6 workshops for the price of 5: sign up for the series and also get 3 lesson plans with materials to use straight away
- Targeted 1-hour individual Workshops: approximately USD$35 (charged as HKD$270 - Hong Kong Dollars) per workshop
When you pay in Hong Kong Dollars your credit card will convert this to your local currency.
Everyone is welcome! While the Targeted workshops are designed for teachers and parents who already have some level of training and experience, anyone can attend.
All workshops will be run online via Zoom. Once you register you will receive the details to join the meeting. If you have never used Zoom before you will be guided to download it prior to the meeting. Respectfully, I ask that you have one person only per registration - and therefore one person to a device. Email me if you wish to register 2 people and sit together with one computer.
There will be a 10-minute window prior to each workshop when participants are encouraged to join the meeting and a 10-minute window at the end of each workshop when interested participants can remain and ask further questions.
terms and conditions
- Refunds will only be provided for cancellations 24 hours or more prior to the workshop.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they can use the online platform satisfactorily.
- Workshops are not to be recorded by participants.
- Materials are intended for use by workshop participants only.
- wordtorque has the right to use photographs of participants in the online workshops unless specifically requested not to at time of registration.