Targeted online workshops
75-minute stand-alone sessions
Each targeted workshop is intended to be a relatively quick dive into a specific topic. Previously 60 minutes, they have been extended to 75 minutes in order to keep the same pace yet give a little more time for participants to try activities and engage in breakout rooms to support their thinking.
There are now two sets of 6 targeted workshops, each designed to strengthen your orthographic understanding while adding to your toolkit ways to guide your students with their developing skills.
- Tooling Up
- The Remarkable <e>
- Double Trouble
- Why Is <y> So Special?
- It's All Relative
- Play Makes It Stay
- Finding Families
- Attesting Affixes
- Grappling with Graphemes
- Building Bases
- Collecting Compounds
- Bound Bases
Take one or two workshops that interest you, or sign-up for a full series. Participants who register for a full series will get six workshops for the price of five, and three complimentary lesson plans from a choice of 12 options.
All targeted workshops are 75 minutes.
Dates and Times
Each Targeted workshop is repeated to suit different timezones.
- Session A: 6:30 am Tuesdays and Thursdays Indochina time (Bangkok time). This is Monday and Wednesday afternoons/evenings in the US.
- Session B: 3:00 pm Tuesdays and Thursdays, Indochina time (Bangkok time).
Please check the schedule on the specific workshop page to ensure you know the time and day in your region for each workshop.
Targeted Workshops Cost
Individual workshops: USD$35 approx. (charged as $270 Hong Kong Dollars).
The Series: all 6 Targeted Workshops in one series: USD$175 approx. (charged as $1350 Hong Kong Dollars)
Everyone is welcome! While the Targeted workshops are designed for those who already have some level of training and experience, anyone can attend.
All workshops will be run online via Zoom. Once you register you will receive the details to join the meeting. If you have never used Zoom before you will be guided to download it prior to the meeting. Respectfully, I ask that you have one person only per registration - and therefore one person to a device. Email me if you wish to register 2 people and sit together with one computer.
There will be a 10-minute window prior to each workshop when participants are encouraged to join the meeting and a 10-minute window at the end of each workshop when interested participants can remain and ask further questions.
Read more and Registration
Follow the hyper-links, choose the workshops that best suit your learning needs and your time zone, click on the button and proceed as requested. You will then be emailed specific details regarding the full workshop series.
terms and conditions
- Refunds will only be provided for cancellations 24 hours or more prior to the workshop.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring they can use the online platform satisfactorily.
- Workshops are not to be recorded by participants.
- Materials are intended for use by workshop participants only.
- wordtorque has the right to use photographs of participants in the online workshops unless specifically requested not to at time of registration.