services to meet the needs of K-12 educators
• workshops: snapshot, access, extension, and custom-designed
• @yourschool: teacher training, curriculum and implementation assistance
• curriculum documentation
• online video conferencing
- snapshot workshops: introductory 3 hour workshops to provide an overview of the approach Cost: 60 USD
- access workshops are in-depth 15 hour workshops, generally spread over 2.5 days, designed for those with relatively little experience. Cost: 400 USD
- extension workshops are usually 12 hours and designed for those with experience and prior training, practitioners keen to take this approach to the next level Cost: 350 USD
- custom-designed workshops are developed in conjunction with a school or organization to fit particular needs. There is often the opportunity to join in training at a particular school.
teacher training, curriculum and implementation assistance
I have worked in international schools in Asia since 1992 and have a strong understanding of a range of curriculum approaches. I am able to support a modification of current practice to move towards a more inquiry-based investigation of words.
Cost: varies depending on the services - inquire to find out more.
This generally follows teacher training, however if your school already utilizes the Word Inquiry approach and would like expectations reflected in curriculum documentation, this can be arranged. Cost: 100 USD per hour
This can be tailored to the needs of your school and can include
- snapshot workshops of 1 -2 hours
- teacher training in specific topics
- implementation advice
Cost: varies depending on situation
- individual tutoring: 100 USD per hour
- teacher workshop: 200 USD for 5 sessions of 1.5 hours each (as part of a group)