services to meet the needs of K-12 educators
all services can now take place online and many workshops are open to the public
• workshops: snapshot, access, extension, and custom-designed
• @yourschool: teacher training, curriculum and implementation assistance
• curriculum documentation
- snapshot workshops: introductory 3 hour workshops to provide an overview of the approach Cost: 75 USD
- access and digging deeper workshops are in-depth 12 hour workshops, generally spread over a number of days, designed for those with relatively little experience. Cost: 400 USD
- targeted workshops are a series of 75 minute workshops, each on a specific topic. They are designed for those with some experience who want to consolidate their understanding in focused areas. Cost: 35 USD per workshop.
- extension workshops are designed for those with experience and prior training, practitioners keen to take this approach to the next level Cost: dependent on length of workshop
- custom-designed workshops are developed in conjunction with a school or organization to fit particular needs. There is often the opportunity to join in training at a particular school.
teacher training, curriculum and implementation assistance
I have worked in international schools in Asia since 1992 and have a strong understanding of a range of curriculum approaches. I am able to support a modification of current practice to move towards a more inquiry-based investigation of words. This is currently successfully taking place online - Zooming into classrooms teaching students and working with teachers in small groups.
Cost: varies depending on the services - inquire to find out more.
This generally follows teacher training, however if your school already utilizes the Word Inquiry approach and would like expectations reflected in curriculum documentation, this can be arranged.
Taking it online
Due to the current world situation most of my training and implementation is now taking place online. I generally use Zoom as my video platform. I am working with a number of schools to run workshops, teach into classrooms and work with teachers to support their skills of implementation. I have also started offering some workshops that are open to the public so anyone who chooses can learn about Word Inquiry.