services to meet the needs of K-12 educators
• workshops: snapshot, access, extension, and custom-designed
• @yourschool: teacher training, curriculum and implementation assistance
• curriculum documentation
• online video conferencing
- snapshot workshops: introductory 3 hour workshops to provide an overview of the approach Cost: 60 USD
- access workshops are in-depth 18 hour workshops, generally spread over 3 days, designed for those with relatively little experience. Cost: 360 USD
- extension workshops are also 18 hours and designed for those with experience and prior training, practitioners keen to take this approach to the next level Cost: 360 USD
- Custom-designed workshops are developed in conjunction with a school or organization to fit particular needs. Currently there is a workshop being offered through IGE in Singapore in March.
teacher training, curriculum and implementation assistance
I have worked in international schools in Asia since 1992 and have a strong understanding of a range of curriculum approaches. I am able to support a modification of current practice to move towards a more inquiry-based investigation of words.
Cost: varies depending on the services - inquire to find out more.
This generally follows teacher training, however if your school already utilizes the Word Inquiry approach and would like expectations reflected in curriculum documentation, this can be arranged. Cost: 80 USD per hour
This can be tailored to the needs of your school and can include
- snapshot workshops of 1 -2 hours
- teacher training in specific topics
- tutoring for individual or small groups of children, with teachers present
- implementation advice
Cost: varies depending on situation
- individual tutoring: 100 USD per hour
- teacher workshop: 250 USD for 5 sessions (as part of a group)