Grapheme and affix card sets
Do you want an accurate set of cards to use with your students? One that includes a bank of affixes as well as graphemes to build bases. While there are pre-printed grapheme sets available commercially, many unfortunately lack accuracy and most don't have a stock of affixes.
This .pdf presents a set of printable cards that represent the majority of graphemes and a bank of frequently-used affixes. The intent is to offer an accurate starter set of manipulative materials for working with students in building bases, creating complex words and word sums. This set also includes high-frequency affixes and word sum components.
The grapheme and affix cards come in two different fonts and two different sizes so you can choose to print the variation that best suits your students’ needs. Ideally print these cards on the thickest cardstock that will go through your printer or on magnetic ‘paper’.
Some cards are colour-coded for use with younger learners to distinguish vowel (red) and consonant (blue) graphemes as they learn to build free bases. The affixes are coloured green to indicate they are elements to be bound to bases. The letter <s>, for example, is blue when used as a consonant in a base and green when functioning as a suffix. Some sets are all in black, the way we usually see letters on a page!
An example of words which could be easily constructed
from the supplied graphemes and affixes in the card set.
An example of how to store your grapheme and
affix card set once you have printed it and cut it up.
Cost of Grapheme and Affix Card Sets
- Individually licensed .pdf of the Grapheme and Affix Card Set: $15 USD approx. (charged as 110 Hong Kong Dollars)
- Institutionally licensed .pdf of the Grapheme and Affix Card Set (licensed for 15 classrooms): $150 USD approx. (charged as 1100 Hong Kong Dollars)
When you pay in Hong Kong Dollars your credit card will convert this to your local currency.
Click one of the buttons below to purchase your chosen product:
terms and conditions
- Licensed .pdfs will be sent by email within 48 hours of purchase.
- Licensees are required to print and cut their own cards from the supplied .pdf.
- Thick cardstock or magnetic 'paper' are recommended as print media so cards can be reused for eternity!
- Licensees are encouraged to store their self-printed cards in a manner which makes it easy to locate required cards.